Thursday, March 21, 2013

Santa Claus Is Coming To Make Me Frown

Ah,winter memories of me and my mom singing "Winter Wonderland" through Walmart parking lots.  Yet, no memories of  singing "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town".  Why not?  Because he "sees you when you're sleeping".  Normally, we call that a stalker, but in December, people insist on calling him a "Santa".

As we become older, we become wiser.  When I was little, I loved that song.  Now, I realize it is an awful song.  I don't know how I wasn't creeped out when I was young!  Oh, and you're not supposed to stay up to watch him come down the chimney, cause he'll get mad.  Not suspicious AT ALL!  So, not only does he creep into your house at midnight, but he doesn't want you seeing him.  Wow.

I get it, it's a song about Christmas and it is meant to be cheery, but it should have better lyrics.  "He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good"  So be bad so he doesn't break into your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment