Monday, November 7, 2011

Pictures of Hollis Woods- Henry's Point of View

      When I first met that girl, I hated her.  She thought that she could just walk into my life and replace me as Josie's favorite, but I wasn't going to let that happen.  I watched her, constantly.  She thought I was sleeping on her bed because I  was starting to like her, but really I was just continuing my non-ending watch.
    I thought like that for quite a while, but then I realized that Josie loved Hollis and I equally.  Josie needed Hollis and so did I.  When things were forgotten, like turning off the stove, Hollis took care of it.  A cat couldn't do that.  We were a family.
     When she took us to that house that was surrounded with a substance called snow, she was trying to keep our family together.  But it wasn't meant to be.  Hollis went to the family that she was always meant to be with and so did Josie and I.
      Hollis visits every month.  Sometimes Josie doesn't remember who Hollis is, but she always remembers that she loves her even if she doesn't know why.  I wink at her before I yawn and close my eyes, and I know that she understands me.  We speak the same language, that girl and I.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you did the point of view of an animal instead of a person-- very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! And I think that's spot on. Henry probably is thinking those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's an interesting point of view. I never would have thought to use Henry's perspective. I think that is exactly how he feels. It is really interesting because he couldn't have said anything to influence it, it's just his behavior. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully original point of view! I'd love to hear elaboration on your last line.

    ReplyDelete