Friday, November 18, 2011

Character Analysis Essay

            When I was seven, my brother and I walked over to my neighbor’s house.  His backyard was getting remodeled, so there was a pile of rocks in the corner of his yard.  He and my brother decided that it would be fun to throw rocks at the wall.  My brother eventually got bored and chose a new target, me.  With an evil grin, he drew back his arm and chucked a rock the size of a softball at me.  It hit me square in the face and he just stood there and laughed while I ran into the house, blood gushing from the gash on my face.   Steven, a character from Pictures of Hollis Woods nothing like that.
            Steven is extremely nice, although he tries to hide it. For example, on pg. 40, Steven quickly divided his Hershey bar and gave Hollis a piece. He didn’t want Hollis to know that he gave her the bigger half, but she noticed anyway. He does lots of small acts of kindness for Hollis which leads to his love for his sister. 
Hollis has a caring brother.  His love for her is obvious on page 78 when he has to blink back tears. He knew he loved Hollis as soon as she let him win their second checkers game when Hollis was first introduced to the family.
Steven shows his sister around her new home and shows her Old Mans mountain instead of throwing rocks at her. He is the ideal brother. 


1 comment:

  1. In the last sentence of the first paragraph you need a 'was' after "Pictures of Hollis Woods". Make sure you tie the beginning of the intro into the thesis. The rest of essay is good!

    ReplyDelete