Thursday, November 3, 2011

If

            If I hadn’t been sent to that house, I would have had a normal eleven- year-old's life, but in that house, there were no ifs allowed.  There were also no ands, buts, or whys.  A full list of rules hung on the inside of my bedroom door, just to remind me that in that house, I had no freedom and my opinion was worth as much as the scum on the side of the road.  The insane psychopaths actually thought that I was going to obey them.  Yeah, they knew nothing about me.

4 comments:

  1. Great detail. but who are the "insane psychopaths?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It almost seemed like you have been in that situation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique! It was perfectly you- you were shining through this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! It mysterious, but also gives enough facts to make you want to keep reading. My favorite line was "I had no freedom and my opinion was worth as much as the scum on the side of the road." It really catches your attention!

    ReplyDelete