Monday, January 23, 2012

Tears of Sorrow

 Author's Note: My goal was to score high for voice.

Her breath caught as she saw him there, sunlight dancing in his eyes.  Those mysterious, dark eyes.
The kind of guy that's hard to find,
Oh, you make me lose my mind.
She leaned against him and looked at the sky.
"It's as if the sky is on fire."
Yellow as a lemon picked fresh from a tree,
Red like waves of blood and drifting bodies in the sea.
They sat in silence until he told her what he came to tell her.
"I'm moving on.  I'm leaving this town."
I'm the one that's making you do this,
But you're the one I'm gonna miss.
"And never coming back?"
"Of course I'll come back, for you."
So he doesn't know what I did,
or how I was responsible for the death of his kid.
"Don't." She whispered.
That much I can do for him.
He will be saved, unlike little Kim.
"What do you mean?"
"Don't.  Don't ever come back."
I can't be selfish, I have to let go
How I really feel, I can't let him know.
"Don't try.  Don't call.  Don't follow."
She got up and started to walk away.
Don't turn, don't wave, don't say goodbye
Don't ever let him see you cry.
"Then say that you don't love me.  Don't lie."
Pull yourself together, be strong
Say something that will last long.
She looked him in the eye.
"You pitiful soul.  All of it was a lie."
Then she turned and left.  Forever.
Tears of sorrow, bitter sweet
A forbidden love, no defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment