Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't follow

Fly through the night, drift in the sea
Just don't come looking for me
For I know who you really are
You, who keeps his heart in a jar
Protected, but easily broken
Like your body when you were first woken
Your past marks you like a scar
It was branded on your skin and stretched too far
Holding out love at arm's  length
Yet it is your will, it is your strength
Here on Earth oh so long
Listening to misfortune's pitiful song
Don't go insane, get a grip
There goes your life, don't let it slip
Watching everything spin out of control
Something is missing, you're no longer whole
A stranger to a gentle touch
Not ever seeing humans much
So  I ask you to not follow, stay away, don't come near
I'm  hurting you because I love you, my immortal dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment