Tuesday, December 18, 2012

On the Cusp Of Sanity

 Author's Note: Erika and I decided to have a competition to see who could write the better piece with this title.  Please read and comment on my piece, and then read and comment on Erika's piece on who you think should win.  BTW, I came up with the awesome title.

On the cusp of sanity,
Teetering on the edge of the cliff
In constant balance, between two states of mind
No-Man's-Land, but I am a woman

Accursed and blessed is this ever-lasting forest
Accursed and blessed is me
Not one other soul;
Not one worm, or flea

Constant silence, broken only by my sobs,
Deep with longing
I live for nothing,
But I cannot die

Reality withers and wastes away
As I sit here, screaming on the cusp of insanity

2 comments:

  1. I really like your piece. I like how conflicted the narrator is. It's interesting how conflicted she is. You really show that she is trying to figure herself out without literally saying it. Overall I really like this piece and how it captures her mind and emotions.

    ReplyDelete