Monday, November 5, 2012

Burning Faith

Author's Note: Entirely fictional.  I believe in God and I would never do anything like this.  I came up with this idea in church.  I love writing about arsonists and I noticed how thin the pages were in the book and so I was like hmm, a new arsonist piece? And then the idea "burning faith" came to me and I had to write about it.  It's a little different than what I originally intended it to be and it's pretty dark but, still a good piece.  Enjoy!

Thin and frail, the pages are consumed.  The fire rampages through the church like a demon from Hell.  Let them pray to their God, their "savior".  Let them see that nothing happens.  Let them realize that it was all false.  Their Bibles nothing but story books and their crucifix nothing but two sticks and a statue.

Here I am, the ultimate sinner.  But they do nothing but stare. And without resistance they fall to there knees in front of their new God, me. They watched me burn down everything they knew and now they are broken.  Broken, I can work with.  For broken things beg for repair.  And I just happen to be handy with fixing things. I can heal and mend them and shape and mold them.  When I am done, they will be soldiers, obedient and ready for battle.  And they will worship me double the amount they worshiped before. For I am their Almighty.  

1 comment: