Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I hugged my knees to my face and closed my eyes.  They circled around me like crows circling around a dead body.  They screeched and they cackled as I shuddered and shook.  They, them.  Their twisted faces.  All contorted in mangled fury.  Me, just white.  Not pale from being scared, white as in innocence.  A grin on their face.  A tear on mine, not from my fear, but from my farewell to the future I was destined to have. A dripping blade, dripping black not red.  They were so dark, even their blood was marked.  I saw out of the corner of my eye, it was rising.  It stands.  Metal cannot kill it, not even weaken.  It must be killed by sacrifice. 

My time has come.  My time has run out.  My time is now.  Goodbye life.  Goodbye person I once was.  Goodbye my oaths and my promises. 

White is the easiest color to stain.  Black is the hardest.  But I am the strongest.

No comments:

Post a Comment