Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cubicles

Many people have jobs where they sit in tightly packed, tiny, square cubicles.  I just have one question for them.  How?  How do they live?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how someone can sit in an uncomfortable chair and stare at a computer screen all day.  No windows, no stretching space.  Just the same old four white walls.  Everyday.  The only sounds, copy machines and ticking clocks.  I'd be the worst employee ever if I had a cubicle job.  I'd bring in a beanbag and paint and I'd slap some color on my four walls.  Next, I'd bring in a radio, crank the music.  Then, I'd start doing some demolition and renovation.  I'd take out all surrounding cubicles to expand my own.    Also, I'd take a sledgehammer and bash a hole in the wall to create my own little window.

Only then would I be able to stand being in a cubicle.  That is, of course, if my boss hadn't fired me yet.

1 comment:

  1. Too true. It's unfortunate that people don't want you to express creativity if it might distract others.

    ReplyDelete