Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Woods

Crack.
They're coming.
Run.
Rocks,
Teeth.
They bite my leg.
A tear upon my cheek
And a matching red one
Upon my shin.
They have come.
For me.
Take me.
If you dare.
I am the woods.
Hidden.
Watching.
Cut every tree down.
It will still grow.
I am the tree.
I will let you think you are hiding.
I am the broken twigs.
I will reveal you.
I am the earth.
I will show the way.
I am everything that guides you and gives you away.
I am the weed that no matter how many times you try to destroy,
 I will keep growing back.
I am the air that gives you your last breath.
I am the roots that will soak up your blood and tears.
I will deceive you
And you will believe that you knew why you have come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's so amazing. It's so real, and painful. There's lots of emotion in this. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete