Saturday, February 25, 2012

Untitled

You're my latest crime
Just lost track of time
When I look at you, what do I see?
My other half, lookin' right back at me
So why, why did you go
After I let my feelings show
I would have let my walls come down
But by then you had already left town
It was all just an act
But there were things that you lacked
Like commitment and truth
Back in our youth
Oh, to be young
Then one little slip of the tongue
Lies hurt, but the truth is worse
Puts everything in reverse
Except for time
Loving you isn't a crime
So why was I beaten for it
Your mother had a fit
'Cause a grimy little city kid isn't good enough
But she didn't know that kids from the city are tough
And know how to deal with the rich, and people that don't ever wait
Boy, thought we'd be together, and you'd be my forever mate
Oh, love leaves you scared, but don't even get me started on hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment