Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sidewalks in Winter

It's winter.  In winter, snow falls and then has to be cleared away.  Unfortunately, a lot of people are procrastinators and refuse to shovel until a week after it has snowed.  This is very inconvenient for anyone who needs to walk on the sidewalk.

 So, the other night, I had to walk home.  It just so happens that there was a blizzard blustering outside.  There was six inches of snow on the ground, but God forbid anyone shovels their sidewalk.  I didn't know I would have to walk home either, so I wasn't wearing snow boots.  I was wearing my definitely-not-water-proof boots.  I had to trudge through the snow as little puddles formed in the heels of my boots.  It was then when I came upon a glorious sight, someone, some miraculous God, had actually shoveled their sidewalk.  I experienced a few moments of lustrous joy before the clear path ended and I walked in front of a different house.

My point is, you should shovel off your sidewalk.  It's bad enough that some children have to walk home in the cold.  Are you really going to make them walk through the snow too?

No comments:

Post a Comment